Why Facebook Ads Aren't Working
- The ads cost too much. While you can bid or set daily limits, the fact is that unless you are handling every other detail exactly right, you will spend more on the ads than you make back in revenue.
- While it is true that you determine the objective, Facebook decides who to reach to obtain that objective. Therefore, you should review Facebook's Ad Guide before you determine your marketing objective.
- Facebook erroneously believes your audience is interested in what you are offering, but Facebook can be wrong. Just throwing money and hoping FB will target the right groups can waste your money. You can do as well or better by checking out Facebook groups that specifically meet your target audience. Take care that your audience is neither to broad nor too narrow.
- Your competitors are checking you out and underselling you. It wouldn't kill you to review AdEspresso to get some ideas on this topic.
- When visitors look into your product or service based on a Facebook ad, those people need to be retargeted. These people have already shown an interest. Don't waste money on people who will never convert.
- People tend to associate the use of video in ads as a sign of professionalism and trust. If you only use static images, you could be turning people off. If possible, avoid generic images and videos and make your own. Drones are often affordable.
- Your ad link must direct visitors to the promotion in your ad because people will not spend time trying to find hat you are selling.